Thank you for your interest in becoming an egg donor with AEM!
An Eggceptional Match facilitates the matching of prospective parents with egg donors. We arrange and manage all the complexities that are associated with the egg donation cycle. With your help we can offer a chance for a family to deserving and loving people. You, of course, are the key to their hopeful family and successful journey. Without your selflessness and open heart, this opportunity would not exist. Please know that we will do our part to guide, educate and protect you throughout the process of egg donation from start to finish. Always know that we keep your health and safety as our primary concern.
We understand what a remarkable woman you must be to be offering so much of yourself to help someone else.
Thank you for offering a gift that lasts a lifetime!
- Females between the ages 18 and 33
- Have knowledge of personal and family health histories
- Regular monthly cycles (when not on birth control) and absent of reproductive disorders/abnormalities
- No current nicotine products or recreational drug use, including vaping
- No personal or family history of clinically diagnosed alcohol abuse
- Avoid new tattoos or piercings (will cause delay to your eligibility for up to 12 months)
- BMI between 19-29.9 (check with this BMI Calculator)
- Must be willing to undergo medical/mental health screening
- Must be willing to self-administer injectable medications
- Agrees to prompt, daily communications with AEM staff once matched
- MUST have a flexible schedule to accommodate 10 to 15 appointments(This could include an overnight stay for initial medical/psychological screening in addition to a 7-10-day trip for retrieval procedure if donation is out of state.)
As a first-time donor, you will receive compensation in the amount of $8,000-$10,000 for your time and effort – your compensation will reflect the cost-of-living in your region. This donation will be at no cost to you; per diem for food and travel accommodations will be provided for you and a companion if your donation takes place out of state. Experienced, proven donors with a successful track record may request a higher compensation depending on her qualifications. We ask that you remain conscientious of the financial burden for the intended parents while considering your requested compensation.
Thank you again, and we look forward to getting to know you personally!
* Please note that you are responsible for reporting this income to the IRS and will receive a form 1099-misc. from AEM for tax reporting purposes.
- Eat a healthy and well balanced diet
- An increase in fiber intake (Metamucil, psyllium, Citrucel)
- Drink at least 64oz to 70oz of water daily
- Once injections start – no activity other than low-impact walking is permitted.
- After the procedure – very low impact walking until follow-up ultrasound -is completed and you are cleared by nurse
- Please converse with the clinical team BEFORE taking any over the counter or prescribed medications.
- Any weight loss programs
- Caffeine, including coffee, chocolate, and most teas
- Herbal supplements
- Anything other than low impact walking
- Too much sun
- Hot tubs, tanning beds, and heating pads
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin)
- Anaprox (Aleve)
- Avoid Social drugs (tobacco, vaping, marijuana, etc.)
STEP 1 - COMPLETE YOUR EGG DONOR APPLICATION/GETTING MATCHEDAfter you have reviewed and met the initial qualifications to become an egg donor, the next step is to complete your online Egg Donor Application and submit 10 recent color photos (please include headshots and full body shots), as well as 2-4 photos of you as an infant/child and teen. Please do not include photos with sunglasses on, with filters, nor pictures of your own children unless requested. Once your application has been reviewed and approved, AEM will activate your anonymous profile on our password protected website for prospective parents to view.
The process of matching can happen right away or can take months depending on what our prospective parents are searching for.
STEP 2 - PRELIMINARY BLOODWORKAfter the match is made, a typical timeline to complete a donation is approximately to 2-3 months. Because time frame variables are determined by your menstrual cycle, flexibility is essential!
You will be instructed to call/email us and your assigned fertility clinic on day one (1) of your menses (period) to schedule an appointment for blood work and possibly an ultrasound to take place on day 2, 3 or 4 (protocol varies slightly by clinic). When you have a full, bright red flow before 5:00 p.m., it is considered day (1). Before the clinic can test your hormone levels, you will usually need to be hormone-free.
These tests will help determine your ovarian quality and reserve, which will be used to determine your eligibility as an egg donor. When the results of your day (3) testing are within normal limits, you will be instructed to schedule your next appointment with the prospective parent’s fertility clinic for the remainder of your medical and mental health screenings.
STEP 3 – FULL MEDICAL/MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGYour initial visit with the fertility clinic will entail a personal consultation, injection and medication instruction, blood work for communicable diseases, urine drug/nicotine analysis, physical, pap smear (if needed), as well as a vaginal ultrasound (if not performed on day 3). Anticipate spending approximately (2-3) hours for this visit (will vary by clinic).
Your mental health screening will include a one-hour in-person interview as well as a Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) or Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) test. There are no right or wrong answers; it is simply used to assess your personality traits.