Thank you for your interest in our egg donor program!
Our goal at AEM is to facilitate the matching of prospective parents with egg donors. We arrange and manage all of the complexities that are associated with the donation cycle. With your help we are able to offer a chance for a family to deserving and loving people. You of course are a key to their hopeful family and successful journey. Without your selflessness and open heart, this opportunity would not exist for anyone. Please know that we will do our part to guide, educate and protect you throughout the process of egg donation from start to finish. Always know that we keep your health and safety as our primary concern.
Thank you for offering a gift that creates a lifetime!
- Females between the ages 18 and 33
- Have knowledge of personal and family health histories
- Regular monthly cycles (when not on birth control) and absent of reproductive disorders/abnormalities
- No current nicotine products or recreational drug use
- No personal history of clinically diagnosed alcohol abuse
- No tattoos or piercings within 12 months
- BMI between 19-29.9 (check with this BMI Calculator)
- Must be willing to undergo medical/psychological screening
- Must be willing to self-administer injectable medications
- Agrees to prompt, daily communications with AEM staff once matched
- MUST have a flexible schedule to accommodate 10 to 15 appointments(This could include an overnight stay for initial medical/psychological screening in addition to a 7-10-day trip for retrieval procedure if donation is out of state.)
As a first time donor, you will receive compensation for your donation in the amount of $6,000. Travel accommodations will be covered for you and a companion in the event your donation happens out of state.
Proven donors who have a successful track record may request a higher compensation depending on her qualifications. We ask that you remain conscientious of the financial burden for the intended parents while considering your requested compensation.
We understand what a remarkable woman you must be to be offering so much of yourself to help someone else.
Thank you again, and we look forward to getting to know you personally!
* Please note that you are responsible for reporting this income to the IRS and will receive a form 1099-misc. from AEM for tax reporting purposes.
- Eat healthy, well balanced diet
- Vitamins may be helpful
- Avoid caffeine
- May need to increase fiber intake (Metamucil, psyllium, Citrucel)
- Drink 64oz to 70oz of water daily
- Once injections start – nothing but low impact walking
- After the procedure – very low impact walking until follow up ultrasound has been completed and cleared by nurse
- Try any weight loss programs
- Use alcohol
- Use caffeine
- No herbal supplements
- Anything but low impact walking
- Avoid too much sun
- Do not use hot tubs, tanning beds, heating pad
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin)
- Anaprox (Aleve)
- Avoid Social drugs (tobacco, marijuana, etc.)
Step 1 - Complete History & Photograph ScreeningAfter you have reviewed and met the initial qualifications to become an egg donor, the next step is to complete your online Egg Donor Application and submit 10 recent color photos (please include a close up of your face as well as a full body shot), as well as 2-4 photos of you as an infant/child and teen. Please do not include photos with sunglasses on or pictures of your own children unless requested. Once your application has been approved, AEM will activate your anonymous profile on our password protected website for prospective parents to view.
Step 2 - Getting matchedThe process of matching can sometimes happen right away or can take months; it just depends on what our prospective parents are searching for. Once you are matched, you will be instructed to call/email us and your assigned fertility clinic on day one (1) of your menses (period) to set up an appointment for blood work and possibly an ultrasound to take place on day 2, 3 or 4. (protocol varies slightly by clinic). It is considered to be day (1) when you are experiencing a full, bright red flow before 5:00 P.M; not spotting. You will need to be hormone free before the clinic is able to test your hormone levels. These tests will help determine your ovarian quality and reserve in an effort to qualify you as an egg donor.
Once your day (3) testing comes back within normal limits, you’ll then be instructed to set up your next appointment with the prospective parent’s fertility clinic for the remainder of your medical and psychological screenings. Your initial visit with the fertility clinic will entail a personal consultation, injection and medication instruction, blood work for communicable diseases, urine drug /nicotine analysis, as well as a vaginal ultrasound (if not performed on day 3). Anticipate spending approximately (2-3) hours for this visit (will vary by clinic).